[Space] hacking session this weekend?

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Tue Jan 19 23:51:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Jonathan Moore <moore at eds.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to> wrote:
>> Not for me, I'm gone for much of the weekend - not sure whether or not
>> I'll be around for Sunday evening. Don't let that stop you, though.
>>
>> The code is making progress; the checked in bits display running
>> updates from GPS and all the sensors, and there's a toggle button that
>> controls logging all the sensors to SD card. Adding logging of the GPS
>> is probably only another 10-15 lines of code.
>>
>> The really important bit I haven't started yet, though, which is
>> screaming its location via SMS below a given altitude.
>
> Ok are there any tricks to getting a dev env running?

It mostly Just Worked for me - I had to use a real G1 to test on,
since the emulator took about 20 minutes even to boot into Android on
my 1.6 GHz Vaio :P I am, however, using the generally approved
toolchain, which is Eclipse with the Android plugin and Android USB
drivers. YMMV outside that environment.

m.