[Space] Wireless Spycam option

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 21:28:51 UTC 2010

Unless you're planning on it talking to something else in the payload, I
think it's safe to say that the range won't be long enough.  No
consumer-grade electronics are capable of transmitting the power needed to
reach very far.

We expect the only comms in and out of the payload during the interesting
part of the flight to be the APRS ham radio transmitter.  In theory, we
could get another radio transmitter for more in-flight data, but they are
quite expensive and it would require us to find a place for a second
antenna, etc...

It's best to just focus on capture and we'll try to keep a lock on position
so we can retrieve it.

Christie
_______
Getting to the bottom of the hill is convenient. The view from the top of
the hill is stunning. Where would you choose to live?