[Space] Images from Spacebridge Epsilon

Charles Collicutt charles at collicutt.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 23:39:16 UTC 2010

I have a Fujifilm FinePix F30, which was supposed to be one of the
better compact cameras for low-light photography in its day but is
getting on a bit now. However, so far I have failed to find any
hacked firmware for it.

One of the reasons the early FinePix cameras (especially the F30 and
F31) had better low-light performance than their competitors was that
Fuji resisted the urge to increase the number of pixels. The F30 has
only 6MP. I believe more recent Fujifilm compacts have double the
pixels but they automatically switch to a lower resolution in low light.

Are there any Canon cameras with larger CCDs or lower resolution that
Spacebridge could use?