[Space] this morning prediction

Blake Barrett Blake at BlakeBarrett.net
Sat Jun 5 15:20:16 UTC 2010

I have been reviewing the estimated flight path of the balloon for the
proposed new launch site and it will float us directly over *Livermore
Municipal Airport (LVK) <http://www.ci.livermore.ca.us/airport/>.
*Since there are actual FAA regulations against us doing that w/o
permission, so I called their tower (925) 443 0666 (ext. 3) and spoke with
the man on duty; he said that he isn't able to make the call if it is okay
or not but his manager will be in at 9:00 AM and to call back then.
So the current plan is to meet at the new proposed location and call the
tower when we all get there, before actually setting up for the launch.

See you at the new site.
Blake

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Bryan Klofas <bklofas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Everybody--
>
> Not much has changed this morning. Still landing in the Sierras. Wyoming
> says 13 miles farther East than w3baltrak.pl.
>
> We should launch from Castro Valley
>
> Don Castro Regional Recreation Area might be a good place, at 37.69 x
> -122.05 degrees. I've never been there though. It's a lot closer to where we
> all live, too....
> --
> Bryan Klofas, KF6ZEO

Blake