[Space] pressure sensor?

Erik Ebert eebert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 19:31:03 UTC 2010

I think I have my issues with the listserver straightened out.  Lets
see if this get through...

Thanks for letting me participate in the launch. Great pictures!

Here are some of the devices was mentioning:

Recording flight computer/logger with 2-axis accelerometer and 100k baro sensor:
www.featherweightaltimeters.com

Small integrated GPS/Ham/APRS with onboard logging:
www.bigredbee.com

The catch with both of those is the launch-detect that triggers the
recording is designed for rockets, so you'd have to trick it.  For
ground-tests, we just swing them around with our arms to simulate
liftoff Gs, so you'd just have to do that (or maybe a salad-spinner)
right before you install the device and launch.

Old email from Ken, one of our club members who is involved in the
altitude record committee (also cellphone network analysis in his day
job), on some GPS's that do not cut out at 60k.  If you make it out to
one of our launches, you and he should talk:

"Hmmm ... have to check the FLP chipset ... but other versions of the
SirfStar have had some severe filtering problems when used in a highly
dynamic (e.g. lots of vertical movement) environment with accurate
altitude reporting.

The Trimble Lassen IQ used in the Beeline and the uBlox used in the
GPSFlight and RDAS both look to be fine when used in these
environments and neither have a 60k' altitude limit."

Our club's website.  First launch of the season is next weekend,
6/17-6/20.  Visitors/new members welcome!:
www.aeropac.org

My website (somewhat out-of-date):
www.eebert.com/Rockets

and some of my rocket video: