[Space] Resurrecting chemical hand warmers

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 01:13:51 UTC 2010

So why not use a soda bottle filled with air and chemical hand warmer stuff
in the center of the payload for heat?  We all know soda bottles can hold a
lot of pressure.  The hand warmers need air and can be in that sealed
container.  We don't have to have our other stuff in the pressure container
in order for the hand warmers to warm them.  We just need thermal
conductivity, which plastic is OK at.

I'm thinking one of the smaller plastic soda bottles would have sufficient
air for our hand warmers, wouldn't you think?  It'd be worth a shot.  Cheap.
simple. etc. etc.

Christie
_______
"We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/