[Space] More goodies for the payload

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 08:33:58 UTC 2010

It seems my boss feels like I need more toys.  So I have in my grubby little
hands a tiny little board from Sparkfun - the package tracker I'd mentioned
earlier.  I'd like to see what kind of data we can collect from it and see
how that data compares to what we're pulling from the G1.

This nifty little device could also be used to actually log the coordinates
from the "good" GPS.  I'm looking at the protocol now to see what it'd take
to splice this into the output of that.  I also need to come up with a
battery, but since the thing only averages 31.7mA, meaning for a 5 hour
flight, it'll eat up only about 159 milliamp-hours.  I vaguely remember
people mentioning the best battery type to use, but since it's not written
down anywhere... I'm really curious about which types were researched.

Christie
_______
"We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/