[Space] Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] Yuri's Night

Samuel Coniglio sam.coniglio at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 22:30:22 UTC 2010

What time is the meeting?  I have to be in SF for work related stuff.

Keep in mind this is on a Federal Airfield, so there may be limits how high
you can fly a balloon.

(FYI, I was involved in the media team for 2007-8 Yuri's Night, and ran the
first SF shows in 2002-2003.)

For 2007-8 it was a Burner-ific event.  This year is more mainstream, so I'm
not sure what is lined up exhibit-wise.

Note: Yuri's Night is synced up with the * Conrad Innovation Summit* (Inspiring
and rewarding students to create new products): *April 8-10, 2010*
http://www.conradawards.org/
and
http://www.conradawards.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=243&Itemid=285

*Yuri's Night Bay Area* (one of the largest space education/parties in the
world): *April 9-10, 2010*
http://ynba.org/
Note:  Conrad Summit and Yuri's Night are teaming up together with some
serious space celebs, including Anousheh Ansari!
*
*
The event is in two parts: the April 9th day is more education and kids, and
the 10th is a space party in TWO aircraft hangars, with speakers, exhibits
and music.  This year there are some serious acts playing. I don't work for
YNBA this year, but that may change in a few days.

Sam

--------
Samuel Coniglio
Photographer / Teacher / Designer
Cell: 310-699-5132
Email: sam.coniglio at gmail.com
SKYPE:  sconiglio
TWITTER: spacemansam
Web: www.samsphotography.net
FLICKR: www.flickr.com/photos/spacemansam/
Aperture Certified, Final Cut Pro Certified
Vice President, Space Tourism Society
Setting the Vision of a Positive Future in Space
www.spacetourismsociety.org