[Space] Resurrecting chemical hand warmers

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 19:44:05 UTC 2010

Wow, I don't want to describe this as "epic fail" but this experiment was
certainly enlightening.

The chemical hand warmers sure use a lot of air.  With under an hour of
experimentation, the hand warmer was completely cold and the bottle was
partially collapsed.  I'd guess that all the oxygen got sucked out and
that's the 78% nitrogen I'm seeing in there.  I guess this stuff would be
good for keeping food fresh, eh?

Christie
_______
"We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/