[Space] [Noisebridge-discuss] Yuri's Night Noisebridge presence

Blake Barrett Blake at BlakeBarrett.net
Tue Mar 16 18:36:31 UTC 2010

We could affix a G1 to a tethered balloon and have it relay images
wirelessly back to our ground station a-la webcam (something like this:
http://phandroid.com/2009/06/23/qik-webcam-on-your-phone/). Shouldn't be too
difficult but would provide a cool view of the event.

Blake

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 1:02 AM, Joel Jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:

> On 03/16/2010 12:52 AM, Christoph Maier wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 00:21 -0700, Mikolaj Habryn wrote:
> >> Hey all - we've run a couple of proposals through the powers-that-be
> >> that govern Yuri's Night, and been politely told that no, we can't
> >> pollute the airspace with crazy flight experiments.
> >
> > Ummm, what about extending a standard traffic pattern from KPAO a few
> > miles to the south (while avoiding power lines, of course)?
>
> the wind tunnel is a hazard...
>
>        ON APCH TO RY 31 BE ALERT TO POSSIBLE STRONG UPDRAFT FM WIND TUNNEL
> LCTD ON WEST SIDE OF MOFFETT FEDERAL AIRFIELD.
>
> > Christoph
> >
> >> However, a
> >> proposal for a booth with a giant balloon tethered above it bristling
> >> with electronics and dangling a huge Noisebridge banner would be
> >> entertained.
> >>
> >> The only problem is that it requires some co-ordination and planning.
> >> Anybody interested and have time this week for planning a Noisebridge
> >> presence for Yuri's Night? Think of it as a practice run for Maker
> >> Faire. Placement needs working out, tethering for the balloon, and
> >> some specific ideas for what we want to do - hoist a Mooninite on
> >> federal property, drop LED throwies from on high, set up monitors
> >> relaying camera feeds from the balloon, anything vaguely
> >> Noisebridge-ish. But we'd need a person or two to start talking to the
> >> organizers sooner rather than later.
> >>
> >> Volunteers?

Blake
blake at blakebarrett.net