[Space] radio connectors

nils at shkoo.com nils at shkoo.com
Wed Mar 17 22:38:46 UTC 2010

I also left my roof-mount 2m/70cm dual band antenna.  It works a lot
better than the duck antenna.  Please move it to somewhwere other than my
shelf at your earliest convenience; the antenna is currently slightly bent
to fit on my shelf and I don't want the bend to become permanent.

The bottom is strongly magnetic, so keep it away from your floppy disks.
:)  Also, don't put parts of your fingers between it and a metal service.
Whole fingers should be fine, but parts of fingers are likely to get
pinched.  The cable can go through door jams; usually the door jams have
enough rubber padding so that it doesn't squish the cable.

Hopefully that will be enough to facilitate an end-to-end test of
following the baloon. You will want to put the antenna on something else
metal to test with if you're not using a car since it doesn't contain a
significant ground plane of its own.

I'll be back in town Thu Mar 25th but will be on email and can provide
technical support if necessary.

-nils