[Space] Maker #3646 - Spacebridge

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sat May 8 07:45:39 UTC 2010

So I heard back from my contact at Maker Faire and got some good
information.  Valerie was the right person to talk to and neither her nor
Kate had heard anything regarding our questions.  Sounds like there's a bit
of  internal miscommunication.

1) We have been placed next to Noisebridge.  Huzzah.
2) We've been given a tentative go-ahead to launch a balloon, although we
need to provide them with details on securing it, etc. etc.
3) The roof is 25' in the building we're in, so we've got less distance, but
it should be high enough to get at least a bit of a view.  I think it would
make quite the imposing presence, personally.
4) To date, we have only 2 wristbands.  If we can provide the names and
shifts people are working then we can get more.  To that end, I'll put
together a wiki page with shifts just as soon as I know what hours we need
to cover and what time we can set up and tear down.  It'll be a WHOLE lot
more mellow than Yuri's Night was.

Also, there should have gone out an invitation to the Maker day on Friday.
 Christopher, if you received that, could you pass the information on?  If
not, keep an eye out for it.  It is a great time and should be for anyone
involved to attend.  We're all makers after all.

If you're haven't receiving anything, like the details on when we should
arrive and the times to set up, then we need to get it.  I'd check the email
that you registered with if you're not receiving that stuff, which should
also include the maker page for us.

Currently the exhibit details for Spacebridge include:

*Request***

*Confirmed***

Space

10x10

Folding tables: 8ft x 30in

1

Folding chairs

2

Credentials

2

Wristbands

2

Exposure

indoor

Electrical: 120V-5A

1

Christie
_______
""Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster;
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich
Nietzsche