[Space] Many questions about tomorrow's launch

Ozzy Satori ozzymandi at gmail.com
Sat May 1 13:33:53 UTC 2010

I can swing by in a couple hours, Christie, and run the package tracker over
to 2169.  Unfortunately, I think I'm going to need to beg off the launch
though-  Got notice from my job, and I really need to put some code down
this weekend if I'm going to be in a position to do anything after this
month.

I'll come help see you guys off, and run Christie's package tracker.  I can
also get a winds aloft forecast for you if you like.  I have to admit that I
never got an email back from the airport owner, and I forgot to send a
follow up, I'm sorry, but we don't have permission to use that field today.
Purely mea culpa.

-Ozzy

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, please do change the call sign.  It's not really legal to be
> broadcasting mine when I'm not really involved.  Thanks for taking care of
> that.
>
> The 5V supply should do fine so long as it can handle a big current draw.
>  The watch batteries I tried to use last time were not able to do it and
> their voltage dipped too much to run it.  It actually regulates down to
> about 3.3V, but it can handle up to 7v. It uses a pretty standard (board)
> power connector, so if you have something from somewhere else.  I think
> somewhere there's the connector that was on the 4 AAs that we ran last time,
> although I can't exactly say where.
>
> So the last question is... would someone be able to make it by sometime
> tonight or tomorrow before the launch to pick this up?  I'm on 5th st.
> between Folsom and Harrison, in SOMA. I can go over it's operation so it'll
> get working properly.  (Although basically, all you have to do is plug it in
> and it'll record its little heart out.)
>
> Christie
> _______
> ""Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster;
> and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich
> Nietzsche
>

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Brian Choate <brian.choate at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Howdy, sorry you are having back problems, hope you get to feeling
>> better.
>>
>> I just loaded the software to program the open tracker on my laptop, so if
>> you want we can change the call sign.
>>
>> I built a little 5v power supply for Yuri's night, so as long as the
>> package tracker doesn't have a weird connector we could hook it up and pack
>> it in somewhere.
>>
>> B.
>>

>> On Apr 30, 2010 10:40 PM, "Christie Dudley" <longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> OK, so it looks like I'm not going to be able to take part in the launch
>> tomorrow.  I messed up my back at Robogames and haven't apparently been
>> doing everything I need to be doing to recover, so walking much is a bit of
>> a challenge and standing for any length of time at all is right out.  So I
>> wanted to address anything that's still out there.
>>
>> First off, is anyone expecting me to be hauling anything?  I haven't heard
>> anything from anyone, but I don't want to assume.  Lately, I've taken it
>> that people are not expecting me to, so that should work out.  If I'm
>> leaving anyone in a lurch, I'm happy to let people use my van, as I'm not
>> going anywhere.
>>
>> Second, I realized I  still have the package tracker with me.  Is there
>> space and batteries for it to fly or did that get dropped off the end of the
>> buffer again?  Should I get it to someone tonight?  Would anyone who happens
>> to be going out there be able to swing by and pick it up?  I'm not really
>> keen on doing any moving about if there's a way to avoid it.
>>
>> Christie
> [...]

~ $ cat true
Cogito, ergo Sum; itque alea iacienda est.