[Space] NASA Ames Intelligent Robotics Group is hiring

tedward arbzed at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 23:06:28 UTC 2011

Howdy, [space] cadets!

I'm sorry if you don't want to see job postings on a hobby / activity
related list, but I think this may be of interest to some of the folks here.
 My lab at NASA Ames Research Center, in Mountain View is looking to higher
a computer vision researcher and some C++ engineers.  We're mapping
extraterrestrial planets, doing autonomous navigation research to drive
rovers around, and writing Android software that will run experiments on the
space station.  It's a very fun place to work!

Happy to field any questions.

Cheers,

Ted

Want to build teraflop data processing pipelines that will run on NASA's
cloud

and supercomputers? Want to help create the next generation of mobile robot

explorers? Want to help NASA map the Moon, Mars, and other celestial bodies?

Want to help revolutionize how the government develops and supports open

source software?

The NASA Ames Intelligent Robotics Group (http://irg.arc.nasa.gov) is
looking

to *immediately* fill several full-time positions:

   #2011-1 : COMPUTER VISION RESEARCHER

   #2011-2 : APPLIED RESEARCH ENGINEER

   #2011-3 : SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ENGINEER

   #2011-4 : PLANETARY DATA ENGINEER / WEB DEVELOPER

   #2011-5 : SOFTWARE ENGINEER/ROBOTICIST

Full descriptions can be found at:   https://irg.arc.nasa.gov/blog/irg/?p=99

U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is required.

The NASA Ames Intelligent Robotics Group (IRG) is dedicated to enabling

humans and robots to explore and learn about extreme environments, remote

locations, and uncharted worlds. IRG conducts applied research in a wide

range of areas including applied computer vision (navigation,

automated planetary mapping, automated science support), dynamic 3D and Web

user interfaces, robot software, and planetary rovers. IRG actively

collaborates with academia, government, and industry. Recent projects
include:

 GigaPan Robotic Camera       http://gigapan.org

 Mars in Google Earth         http://earth.google.com/mars

 Moon in Google Earth         http://earth.google.com/moon