[Space] Balloon Prices

James Mulroy james.d.mulroy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 22:22:06 UTC 2011

Hey Guys,

Kaymont Industries sent me some balloon prices for us for the newer
balloons:

Balloon Size/Price****

HAB-1200/$95.00****

HAB-1500/$120.00****

HAB-2000/$275.00

HAB-3000/$395.00

These are all from Kaymont Industries:
http://kaymontballoons.com/Near_Space_Photography.html

(Scroll down for the specs)

As you can see, and as I've stated, we don't need a heavy balloon.  I think
the Military Surplus balloons are just heavier because of the skirt they
have or something.  So with a 1200 gram or 1500 gram balloon you can use
less helium and it'll get us up to that 100K' altitude that we've been
looking for.  If you guys want something smaller just to test the equipment
with let me know and I'll get more prices.  They seemed kind of hesitant to
give up all of their prices at once so I just asked for a couple.

I also have to go to a welding supply store this week so I can get some
prices on hydrogen and the safety procedures.  It's like a 1/4 the cost.

-James

--
James Mulroy
Student Researcher