[Space] Balloon Launch

James Mulroy james.d.mulroy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 22:34:13 UTC 2011

Hey guys,

This is my club at my old school.  Ignore the weird background music, I'll
have to knock my friend on the head for that...anyway, this is how a launch
is done!

Presenting the UAHuntsville Space Hardware Club:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGeUMHRUO5U&feature=related
Skip to 8:40 for launch.

They launch from the National Space Science Technology Center which is
directly across from the university, right in the middle of Huntsville.  A
thought, we could find a farmer with a large shed (the big one that you
store all your tractors in with the giant door), or a facility with a bay
door, and we can fill the balloon there there away from wind and then
launch.  We don't have to travel to the middle of absolute no-where to
launch and find out the conditions are poor, or that the balloon was tainted
with too much dust and popped.

-James