[Tastebridge] Underground Market

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 20:57:04 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Rosanna Yau <rosanna.yau at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know when the next one is. I know there's one in Oakland
> today: http://foragesf.com/
> Yesterday's event was the best yet. People really liked the early gray and
> gunpowder kombuchas, especially the earl gray. A lot of customers said that
> they liked that the kombucha wasn't as harsh as other ones that they've had.
> Some people drank their bottle at the event and even returned the bottle to
> us, which was nice.
> A few mentioned they always wanted to try making kombucha, but never knew
> where to buy the scoby.We gave away scobys to at least 5-7 people, all which
> have not made their own kombucha before and were asking about how to start
> and if we have instructions on the site. I think it would be nice to either
> have printouts or an easy way for them to get to the instructions on the
> website...maybe like a start here page or something? I think for the average
> person might have a hard time navigating through the site, so we can also
> just have some printouts with the url to that page. Also, what do you guys
> think about making a how-to video? I think that could be really helpful for
> people to see someone else doing it and nice for Tastebridge to have.
> We also didn't have any plastic bags for them to take it hope with them, so
> we ended up using cups...so maybe next time we should remember to bring
> something to put it in.
> I think for next time, we should have our
> hand-cranked-musical-conveyer-belt-toaster-oven made by then, right,
> Fabian??? I might be kind of cool to make something to compliment the food
> that we're serving and to show what you can do at Tastebridge and
> Noisebridge.
> Thoughts?

Musical conveyer belt toaster oven?
Exactly.

Sounds like we need to get a label.   I have been thinking about
labels a long time.  Not just labelling the noisey kobumcha but giving
people a way of reporting back about their drink that's useful or fun.
 kind of like the tcho beta testers program and kind of like a sudo
pop QRcode system, or the funny labels on the drinks at Toy Boat cafe.

If you want to make a how-to video, there are lots of kombucha videos
on youtube to check out for ideas to get  and include..

-rma