[Tastebridge] todays'and Fridays' brewing classes, Saturday 20 - Thanksgiving party

algoldor at frantisekapfelbeck.org algoldor at frantisekapfelbeck.org
Wed Nov 17 21:06:50 UTC 2010

Greetings to All!
Just a gentle reminder of todays brewing class. There is also Friday
brewing class happening now. Today we will do hibiscus kombucha,
gunpowder kombucha (experimental) and vajecny liker - egg liqueur
(rum, evaporated milk, egg yolks, spices), really nice Czech recipe.
We have just a small batch of honey cooler to harvest so we should be
done before 9 pm (beer bottles has to be cleaned for Friday).

The experimental batch of gunpowder kombucha will show us differences
in growth of the SCOBY and changes in flavor of the final product
based on various concentrations of tea. I'm thinking about 0.3%; 0.6%
and 0.9% (w/v) of tea. Can anyone bring a decent scales?

We are also going to help to run food and drinks on tomorrows 5 min of
fame and Thanksgiving party. So come and if you would like to get
involved just email me or just show up!

See you tonight,

Sincerely,

Frantisek

PS We have harvested more than 60 bear bottles on Friday and they are
gone with exception of last four. Tastebridge is now the only "entity"
in the place supplying the fridge with drinks on regular bases, we
should keep it going, starting to brew beers would be awesome!