[Tastebridge] [Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker-cake building on Jan 17th?

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 03:42:25 UTC 2011

This works well as I've had a stomach bug all weekend.

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Sean Cusack <sean.p.cusack at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey kids!
>
> Sorry, I'm going to have a bit of a cupcake time delay - I found out that I
> won't be able to get any LN2 until Tuesday due to the long weekend (frikkin
> trucks and whatnot), so we're going to have to push back hackercake building
> until *Tuesday, Jan 18th @ 6PM.
>
> *Hope this is still OK with everyone's schedules. For those that are
> interested, here's what I'm thinking of doing with the nitrogen:
>
> Step 1) We bake some 'cakes
> Step 2) We freeze said 'cakes
> Step 3) After the cakes are frozen we can take power tools to them (dremel
> anybody?) to make super precise cuts/engravings which would be impossible to
> do using standard cupcake bakery. Ideas include - egg shaped cupcakes (with
> frosting on the inside for protection, and simple shippability), or a
> cupcake with the NB logo cut out of the side or something.
> Step 4) Ship said 'cakes to the receiving space
>
> Anyways, hope this sounds dope to people, and hope people can make it!
>
> Sean
>

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:19 AM, L E <lexein-esc at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Madness.
>> You're all just contributing to the cupcake bubble, which as you know has
>> reached historic proportions.
>> It will all end in tears.
>> http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/01/10/132800584/a-cupcake-ipo

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein