[Tastebridge] Sourdough starter

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Jan 3 01:32:50 UTC 2011

I have tried to raise my own yeast now three to four times over the past 20 years. Getting wild yeast without mold is hard. My last attempt was about a year ago -- trying with sourdough. I still didn't have the rise that I needed, but I did get some sour dough flavor. It still wasn't nice enough to bake with regularly..

I'm going to cave. Does anyone have a nice sourdough starter? I'd like to bake (and keep a live culture) of san Francisco sourdough?

Glen