[Tastebridge] tastebridge donations

cynthia lee cynthia.jeanne.lee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:19:55 UTC 2011

Hi
Yesterday, Warren and I cooked. We decided to split the donations $7 to the
main Noisebridge lock box and $9 to be held by Warren for projects. we felt
two people (minimum) should be involved in both removing funds from the
tastebridge donation jar and determining their purpose .
Tonight, as best I know, there wasn't a project. There were several dollars
in the donation jar. I discussed with someone who I have cooked w before
that the money could go into the main noisebridge lock box but when I later
went to do this, a third person, who I have never cooked with before,
objected and stated that he had worked hard for the right to refuse to let
that money go there and he should be allowed to determine the purpose of the
funds in that jar. He claims to have been removing the funds all along and
has been keeping an accounting. I would like the group to meet with timely
notice (the five minutes notice given for a prior meeting isn't right) and
review this decision about the accounting. This was not a pleasant
situation. I, like others, bring food donations here and spend time
cleaning/prepping/cooking and I do not believe any funds collected belong to
me and I would like, until we decide on a process, that at least some of the
funds go to Noisebridge lock box daily.
Cynthia