[Tastebridge] management of tastebridge donations

algoldor at frantisekapfelbeck.org algoldor at frantisekapfelbeck.org
Mon Jul 4 10:17:26 UTC 2011

Quoting cynthia lee <cynthia.jeanne.lee at gmail.com>:

> Is there a policy that has been decided on by consensus and/or discussed and
> agreed to? I would like a policy of leaving paper receipts for removing
> funds for supply costs/reimbursements. Has the kombuchi costs been recovered
> and reimbursed?

Hi Cynthia&all,
I've left SF in December 2010. Till than I was basically collecting
donations for Tastebridge and deciding what to do with them, open to
suggestions, however it was mostly me making them :-)) I think people
kind of felt that I do it all, it was not optimal another more open
system would be better I think.

I'm not sure what is the policy now, I think Ricky and Miloh would
know better.

My idea in the past especially concerning the brewing was to cover the
costs of ingredients and equipment for experimenting by
selling/getting donations for part of the product (kombucha, ginger
ale) etc. from the Noisebridge community which drinks it and also from
events like 5 min of fame, free markets etc. It worked on a basic
level, lots of improvement could be done. You should end up with
surplus money for more projects and some extra drinkable product which
you could take home, so you drink for free to a degree.

It would be great to have a page with current budget, past expenses
and proposals for future spending. However note that it takes quite
time to take care about that, "treasurer" position is quite demanding
sometimes.

Anyway best of luck, keep me posted,

Sincerely,

Frantisek