[Tastebridge] BioBoard

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Tue May 3 19:00:41 UTC 2011

Hey kids -

You may have been noticing me, Rikke, Marc, Charlie, Rolf, and Otute running
around the space for the last couple of months working on some weird alien
probes and electronics. These are all part of a project we've been working
on dubbed the "BioBoard" for the Great Global Hackerspace Competition. This
board is an array of sensors that automatically log data to an internet
accessible database to track interesting biologic properties - temperature,
IR absorption, pH, and dissolved oxygen are all parameters that are being
examined.

We're wrapping up our work on this for the competition part of this project,
and I thought it would be cool if we showed the community what we've been up
to! The below vid gives a nice intro to the project, and what you can do
with it. Additionally, the vid features a really loud windows startup sound
and an awesome laugh by Rachel H...which is pretty cool.

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xioWIarRKCY

Sean