[Tastebridge] Oyster Mushroom update

Roger H domitron at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 17:32:51 UTC 2011

I have a Shiitake liquid culture nearing completion after only one week of spinning.  I will use it to start spawn bags full of millet for you guys.  Shiitake has hardy mycellium but may not be so forgiving for the substrate as oysters.  In particular I would be pretty surprised if it will fruit on old coffee grounds, but I think it is worth a try.  Still I would have some of the cheap sawdust from Lazzari ready.  I'll have the spawn ready in a couple weeks and drop it by along with a completed bag of the Stipticus that you guys can fruit out (it is a bioluminescent mushroom).

Roger