[Tastebridge] What mushrooms should we grow next?

Roger H domitron at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 07:33:50 UTC 2011

I should be able to start the LC for the oyster spawn by this weekend.  I have the isolated culture that my friend made in Oakland and it looks great!  Typically LCs are ready in one week.  The spawn is usually ready in another week if the LC is used fresh and liberally (which I do of course).  I also have Reshi, Stropharia rugoso-annulata(aka The Garden Giant), and Shiitake pure cultures that we can play with.  Reshi is a stunning looker.  The garden giant needs to be outdoors to fruit well.  And Shiitake taste amazing in my opinion.  None of these are really hard to grow in SF.  Anyone like one or more of these better than the others?

Roger

PS - Also I will be bringing a bag of the glowers in as soon as I am certain they are taking off; the bags even glow in the dark!