[Tastebridge] REMINDER: Emails here become public

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Apr 9 06:47:54 UTC 2012

I just want to remind everyone that emails sent to tastebridge can become
public. We received the following request (email edited to prevent
republishing sensitive information). Please do not forward information to
Tastebridge that should not be considered public:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a journalist who interviewed someone affiliated with Tastebridge
> last year. My cell phone number ended up posted online
> here: [snip; see below], which now shows up in a Google
> search for my name.
>
> Can you remove my cell phone number? That was not meant to
>  be public and is sensitive information to have posted on the internet.
>
>Thank you,
>
> [snip]

The link that she referred to had this information:

> Hi Tastebridgers,
>
> I got this email this morning in my VH mailbox. I wasn't 100% sure who is
> championing the voice of Tastebridge but if anyone would like to join in,
> let me know. Vegan Hacker wouldn't be possible without Tastebridge, or
> Noisebridge for that matter. I'd just like to be sensitive to in-place
> protocol, etc. in order to be first and foremost respectful to the space
> and community!
>
> Also, things have been a bit hectic for me this last month but tonight
> we'll be doing steamed buns in the space. Come by!
>
> Cheers,
> Kathryn
>
> ---------
>
> Hi,
>
> I am with [snip], a green travel website based out of New York City,
> and we are getting ready to launch a new site in San Francisco. The Vegan
> Hacker/Tastebridge concept caught my eye as something our readers would be
> interested in. Is there someone who has a few minutes for a quick phone
> interview about its history and current projects?
>
> Thanks and hope to speak with you soon,
>
> [Signature snipped]
> [Telephone snipped]

Glen
--
Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter
least.

-- Goethe