[Tastebridge] Food at the molecular level

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun Dec 16 17:30:52 UTC 2012

Trolling ThinkGeek as I do, I ran into this product:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e71f/

It's a starter kit for taking food and making different things happen
through chemical knowledge (like making spaghetti out of tomato soup; fruit
juice caviar etc.)

This video is also interesting in similar ways. For example, to make a
liquid center inside of an ice cream, they changed the melting point
of vinegar, froze it with dry ice, and then inserted into center of vanilla
ice cream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC0zIROhjAs

These concepts feel so 'taste bridgy" and fun...

Cheers,

Glen
--

"Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life as a dog does his
master's chase. Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it,

--Henry David Thoreau