[Tastebridge] recommendations for books on alcoholic brewing

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 02:28:59 UTC 2012

Hi to all,
I would like to ask for an advice concerning buying a good books for
learning fermentations focused on alcoholic ferments and preferably for
beginners. The books should not be just a list of recipes, preferably
they would explain the principles of alcoholic brewing, talk about the
biochemistry, microorganisms etc. The fields of interests are beer
making, wine making, meads and we would love to get some good one
especially about cider. I think a book just about various
types of yeasts would be great too.

We are preparing an order for Susubori Academy which is a project under
Kyonggi University (Seoul) focused on brewing of traditional Korean
alcoholic rice drink called makgeolli. I have made a short list of books which I know
about below but I would like to ask for more recommendations.

The Art of Fermentation - Sandor Ellix Katz

Strong Waters: A Simple Guide to Making Beer, Wine, Cider and Other Spirited Beverages at Home - Scott Mansfield

Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation - Stephen Harrod Buhner

So any recommendations are appreciated, I will be in touch shortly, I am
hitting the road for the next three days will be back on Saturday.

Many thanks!

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi