[Tastebridge] Automated Kombucha Brewing Project: Getting together a team

Rameen emprameen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:53:47 UTC 2012

Hi! I'm one of the founding members of Tastebridge and I'm looking to put
together a team of people to help create a sustained brewing automation. I
plan to incorporate the award-winning BioBoard, which also needs a little
bit of work done on it. So far I know at least 2 other very nice
individuals to help-- one who helped develop the BioBoard and another
founding member of Tastebridge.

My goal is to set up a weekly meeting for this, and get the whole thing
online as soon as possible.
Learning is a major part of this process, so people from any background and
experience level are welcome and needed.
Part of the value of the process of learning and discovery is shared
knowledge-- so I intend to be adding to the NB wiki, and when the time
comes, putting our entire system online.

Specifically, my ideas for this project start with sensors-- Temperature,
PH balance, and some sort of Brix measurement and an initial temperature
control system all digitized for remote viewing.
There is already progress made along these lines:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/BioBoard
And we have schematics and sketches for a basic incubator set-up.

Message me here, or off-list if you're interested. Once a few people
respond, I'm going to work out a date that works for most.

Here's something to get you motivated:
http://www.happyherbalist.com/analysis_of_kombucha.htm