[Tastebridge] Experimental Incubator build up talk at 30c3

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 16 02:03:54 UTC 2013

Hi to Arnd, Erwin, Greg and all,

I've just received a confirmation from Mitch Altman that talk which I proposed on our fhb project about "Experimental Incubator build up" for 30c3 was submitted, happy! :-))

This means that I'll need to dedicate more of my time to this topic, which I'm happy to do. I've got in touch with Arnd, Greg and Erwin about the incubator project already if you are interested in please talk to me/us, it is my responsibility to deliver/coordinate I definitely hope to do it together. To get involved and keep an eye on the progress you can sign for our fhb mailing list here

or you can check and contribute to the forum which Greg started and which we are now using for the conversations and also to test the software which it runs on (open source)

http://design.aeonfarm.com/

more info (current) about the project you can find on our food hacking base wiki here

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Projects:Experimental_Incubator

especially under how to build up a prototype which is what we focus now on for 30c3 especially

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Projects:Experimental_Incubator/ei_prototype_designing

The step which we are now ready to take is finalizing the list of parts which we need to order so we can build up and play with prototypes at 30c3. We hope to have the list ready after the weekend if possible, we are discussing it for over two weeks or so. I would suggest ordering one or two sets to test it and making bigger order later on when we see that everything works properly. I would like to dedicate part of our funds left from OHM2013 campaign to this, plus some from our upcoming crowdsourcing campaign. How much has to be discussed I will come up with a proposed number. Is here anyone who would be willing to receive the parts and test them? They could be send later on to  the 30c3 or we could pick them up or just check on it during the food hacking tour which we will do around Europe in January and February promoting the food&drink and bio hacking.

More info about the project will fallow soon.

Many thanks of any info,

Sincerely,

FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck