[Tastebridge] Brewbot - beer making

Richard Conroy richard.conroy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 10:13:37 UTC 2013

Appropriate No Chill containers. There should be some extra information on
process.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/no-chill-containers-345726/

Just to reiterate the process:
- transfer your beer while it is still hot, into the cube, dont delay in
transfer, or accelerate the cooling process
- ideally you want to minimise any splashing or aeration (a silicone hose
is ideal) as it will introduce oxygen that can reduce the longevity of your
beer
- you want to remove as much headspace as you can, by squeezing the air and
capping it, you *WILL* need heat protecting gloves for this
- cap it tightly, and then rotate the cube on its side, or top so that the
beer makes contact with all the sides for a prolonged period
- you want to ensure that every part of the internals, especially the
handle space and the cap makes contact with the hot wort for at least 20
mins.
- allow it to cool naturally, don't accelerate the process
- your wort is pasteurised now, and will keep indefinitely, until you have
fermenter space free
- when you pitch, you can simply siphon the clear wort off of the cold
break into the FV, add your hydrated yeast and aerate as usual