[Tastebridge] update on progress - experimental incubator project

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 03:02:06 UTC 2014

Hi to all,
I would like to update you on the progress of the experimental incubator project which has been “officially” announced by Food Hacking Base at 30c3 in Hamburg and see if there are people interested in collaboration, it looks like that some people in DIY bio gropus work on a similar projects.

The main idea is to develop device which can controll variety of conditions, for the start we focused on temperature having both active heating and cooling (currently using peltier elements). Humidity, light etc. will follow.

We are now having two prototypes running, sharing the data and starting to prepare the PCB version which will be presented at 31c3. The main advantages of this project so far I would say are good electronic design which was lead by Arnd (Techinc) and coding lead by Marcel and Lars (Techinc and Warpzone), the later shared and updated through GitHub, the first shared on our wiki in form of schemes.

Well that would do for a short update, if you like to learn more check on the project info here

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Experimental_Incubator

the current prototype is described more in detail here

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Experimental_Incubator/ei_prototype_designing

any thoughts especially on improving the cooling performance are more than welcome!

That would be all, have a good  time and I hope to hear from you soon, we are now gathering strength to move again one step further so it is optimal time to share all kind of tips, hints and ideas.

Sincerely,

FAA

PS We have a discuss list which we use for the project, it is rather quiet but it is there, just send an email to subscribe if you like

<incubator at lists.foodhackingbase.org>

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org