[Tiny-tux] question about flashing SD cards

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri Dec 17 21:29:45 UTC 2010

Alison Chaiken wrote:
>  The working cards always boot and the non-working
> ones never boot, so the problem is not that the board itself is
> unreliable.

Have you ruled out issues like the different types/sizes/formats of
SD card?  A lot of older readers can't handle the newer (e.g. 8G and
up, or even the intermediate 4G) SD formats. I've had problems like
that on several embedded SD readers, where old 512M SD cards worked
fine but some new 4G and 8G cards didn't. I've also hit that on
very old front-panel desktop multi-format readers.

	...Akkana