[Tiny-tux] [Swarm] cracked shell on orb 2

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Mon Aug 29 17:56:55 UTC 2011

Sweet!  I can't wait!

Maybe Tinytux could adopt an orb.  We could see to getting the firmware to
where we want it for whatever next level we want to take the project.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Lee Sonko <lee at lee.org> wrote:

> Marnia and I took 2 orbs to the Crucible Fireside Lounge event. It was a
> lot of fun! There is one really important issue we discovered though. First,
> orb 2's batteries are shot.... an hour on a charger gave it enough juice to
> drive exactly 1 foot. Much more importantly, it has a cracked shell! On one
> hemisphere, about 1/3 of the welds along the "equator" have broken welds. At
> a glance, they looked eminently re-weldable.
>
> After Burning Man, I'll get together some nights I'm initially calling The
> Factory Certified Used Orb Event
>

> ---- SWARM, A Large Scale Kinetic Art Project

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler - Albert
Einstein <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein>
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo Da
Vinci<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Da_Vinci>
Perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there
is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint
Exupéry<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_de_Saint_Exup%C3%A9ry>
Keep It Simple Stupid - Kelly
Johnson<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Johnson>