[Tiny-tux] 2/24/11 Meeting

Anthony C. Roberts anthony.c.roberts at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 21:29:39 UTC 2011

Just a quick update...  I've been reaching out to the powers that be -- both
at Chumby and Insignia -- regarding updated kernel sources, and today they
delivered.

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=6135
http://community.insigniaproducts.com/t5/Media-Displays/Source-for-Insignia-Infocast-3-5/td-p/26768

The falconwing-1.0.7 source (for the Insignia Infocast 3.5") is now
available at
http://files.chumby.com/source/falconwing/build3454/linux-2.6.28.mx233-falconwing-1.0.7.tgz

I cross-compiled and installed the new kernel this morning without issue, so
we should have a pretty strong platform from which to proceed.  My next
project will be getting a craptastic $5 webcam (
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-pc-webcam-300k-pixel-with-6-led-13) to
capture/stream/display pixels.

Cheers,
Tony