[Tiny-tux] [Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Tiny-tux group, bridge to Hackerdojo

d p fenn weasel at meer.net
Tue Jan 4 00:46:14 UTC 2011

[ meta - just to tiny-tux ]

Le Jan 3, 2011 à 4:19 PM, Jonathan Foote a écrit :

> Can anyone confirm that the Best Buy "Infocast"-branded Chumbys are deprecated?
>
> The price has gone back up to $99 and they seem unavailable anywhere:
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%23153%3B+-+Infocast+3.5%22+Internet+Media+Display/1152881.p?skuId=1152881&productCategoryId=pcmcat193100050013&id=1218226456157
>
> Shame, because at $50 they were awesome (someone at NB had Python
> going on one), but I'm reluctant to get up to speed on hardware with
> an iffy supply...

it's pretty much an ARM dev board so the knowledge is pretty transferable (i built my old knowledge on palm/xscale and marvell).

the one *big* difference would be the bootloader. i've not looked at the newer chumby sw drops, but the v1 bits didn't use u-boot while i've heard the insignia one does. i think uboot is pretty handy, but it's no openfirmware for debugging startup goo :-)

\p