[Tiny-tux] State of Tiny-Tux

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Sun Jul 24 18:04:11 UTC 2011

Hey folks,

Been overwhelmed.  Hope to pick things back up in September.

News: I have Gentoo working on Gumstix.  It's an overbuilt, kitchen sink
build, but it works.  I did the kitchen sink build to get some realistic
expectation of gentoo as an embedded platform, and it's not as streamlined
as the openembedded build process, but it was relatively painless and it's
just more intuitive, to me.

If this interests people, I invite you to try gentoo on your x86 system.
It's built in a chroot, so it's easy to build on an existing linux system.
Once you have a working gentoo build environment, you can build for a target
system of any architecture in a familiar and comfortable Linux environment.
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1