[Toorcamp] Sleeping and shade, rebar, other notes

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Jul 1 13:59:23 UTC 2009

Don't expect to sleep past 7:00am unless your tent is under some
serious shade. The sun is out and in full force right this minute,
starting to roast in my tent. I would be happy to help others erect
shade structures if there's the possibility of being able to put my
small tent under it. :)

The ground is made up of about 3-6cm of volcanic ash that is very
soft, after that there's a layer of rocks that's extremely hard to
drive a simple tent stake through. My tent requires stake down to
stand up, your may not, but if the winds pick up you'll want the extra
insurance of rebar.

Bring your own tp and water, saline nose spray if you like to not feel
dry in your nose, contact solution and your glasses, a tarp for under
your tent to take care of any point shrubs. Also clear + tinted
googles might be helpful.

I got here a day early. I pulled something in my heel and hitched a
ride with someone going here. Have yet to see anything underground.

Hugs and kisses and rooted boxes.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net