[Toorcamp] RV/caravan,etc.

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Jun 25 02:09:32 UTC 2009

Daniel Packer wrote, On 2009/06/22 18:12:
> I'm not sure what the deal is with water and showers at Toorcamp, but I
> found these portable self-heating showers on amazon that have a decent
> rating. For $25 a pop they might be a good idea.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Elements-Gallon-Summer-Shower/dp/B000J2Q0T4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1245717204&sr=1-3
> <http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Elements-Gallon-Summer-Shower/dp/B000J2Q0T4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1245717204&sr=1-3>

You can also find these at REI or any other camping supply store. It'll
most likely be what I bring if I opt to shower during the event. They
work great. Just load them full of water, leave on top of a car in the
morning and you should have a nice shower ready for you by night. If the
water is too hot simply add some cold water.

If anyone ends up buying one I would recommend filling it up and seeing
how long it'll take for it to drain through the shower head. This way
you'll know how long of a shower you can take and wont be caught with
soap in your eyes.

There's also the whore's bath.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whore%27s+bath

--