[tor] Wanting to make updates to the site

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Aug 26 16:14:21 UTC 2011

I'm going to dedicate an evening next week to redoing the site, my
thoughts on what changes I'll be making...

* A bit more focus on making the site look less like an open source
garage project to something more like "Your Tor Server - In The Cloud"
* Some sort of info-graphic, possibly done by Binx, that simply takes
dollar signs and turns them into rack machines with the tor onion on them
* New logo
* A page that very easily describes what tor is, why it's good, it's
problems, and how we're working towards helping it become better
* Additional payment methods and options if we have them
* Framework for a stats page?
* FAQ, where will the machines be hosted, when do we buy the machines, etc
* Make it easier to add content

I want to setup a contributors page, as that was requested by someone I
discussed the idea behind the project for. I think the donater should
email us separately and request a pseudonym to be thrown on the site.

Once we're done being stuffy house wives about picking a logo, I'd like
to ask Mitch about where he gets shirts made, etc. I want to offer the
shirt to those who donate more than $bigmoney. I am however unsure if we
want to deal with address information for them.

Andy: Were you still planning on getting an SSL cert for that domain?

Anything else?

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net