[tor] Alternative payment methods

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 04:54:21 UTC 2011

I'm not really fond of the idea of supporting either google checkout or
flattr payments.

At present, flattr could be set up fairly easily because we are using
paypal. I would prefer not to commit to secondary services that require our
continued usage of paypal. Flattr also uses MoneyBookers, who are new to me
and kinda corporate-seeming.

Google checkout requires a google account for processing payments. Really
guys? Don't they have enough of our info already?

Thoughts?
Notes here:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Treasury#Billing_.26_Payment_processing

I am currently pretty fond of the idea of starting up with WePay, but a few
of the other options seem reasonable as well.

-Kelly