[tor] Alternative payment methods

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Aug 30 17:37:12 UTC 2011

Kelly wrote, On 2011-08-28 21:56:
> Oh sorry. I forgot the most important point.
>
> What's the feature that you guys are actually looking for here? Just the
> ability to accept *anything other than paypal*? Cause I'm a fan of accepting
> non-paypal. We're working on that.

My response to this is really simple and slightly pompous.

Any large entity that deals with money, anyone can describe and see as
being evil. We should give people choice to use who they personally feel
is less evil.

I will no longer use Paypal, but am ok with Google. Others on this list
may think opposite. We wont win by (a) trying to find one payment system
that isn't evil, or by (b) making the not evil choice for others.

Would it be not ok for us to offer multiple payment systems to anyone
through Noisebridge? I know it's more work, maybe what we need is to
find you more helpers.

Anyhow, plain English, I feel like we should support multiple systems
and let the use choose which one they want to send their money over
instead of making that choice for them based off of our own biased opinions.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net