[tor] [Noisebridge-discuss] Noisetor money summary

Noisebridge Treasurer treasurer at noisebridge.net
Wed Dec 7 02:20:36 UTC 2011

Incidentally, Andy I don't know why your original mail about this went
to discuss but not treasurer at . I've removed discuss from this mail
because I don't really want to discuss it, I just want to make sure
everyone is clear on the information.

So, just to clarify this, the "november bill" which I paid on October
28th was due November 7th, so it was not paid that far in advance. It
was, for instance, due long before you sent your email. The next bill
is presumably due tomorrow (I haven't seen it yet) and it should be
another $787.

Here's the bills so far:
due 11/7/11	paid 10/28/11	 	QuadraNET, Inc	0HF52949D33837935	 	-$787.00
due 10/7/11	paid 10/09/11	 	QuadraNET, Inc	6F661766WT142044X	 	-$787.00
due 09/7/11	paid 09/08/11	 	QuadraNET, Inc	9Y306284DS1510007	 	-$787.00

And here's an update on your report:

Month                              Donations
---------                          ---------
August 2011                         $460.00
September 2011                       890.00
October 2011                         322.00
November 2011                        533.00
                                  ---------
Total donations received:          $2205.00
8% overhead:                        (176.40)
Hacker Prom donation             $737.50
                                  ---------
Net Noisetor donations:            $2766.10
                                  ---------
Paid Expenses:
September bill:                     (787.00)
October bill:                       (787.00)
November bill:                      (787.00)
                                  ---------
Current balance:                $405.10
                                  ---------
Pending expenses:
December bill (due 12/7/11?):      (787.00)
                                  ---------
Expected balance:           (381.90)
                                  ---------

Note that on the third day past due QuadraNet charges $25 and on the
fifth day they cancel your service unless you negotiate something with
them.

So it looks like you guys have 3 days to raise $381.90 or 5 days to
raise $381.90 + $25 = $356.90. In theory, Noisebridge could cover you,
on good faith, if you are close. Personally, I think that's within the
realm of the consensus regarding Noisetor, and I know it's within my
comfort zone. I do recall that we discussed the possibility of the
Noisebridge general fund making loans for Noisetor expenses (even
though certain parties insisted it would never happen) but I don't
recall the particulars of the consensus on that. Perhaps this should
be discussed tonight.

Note also that I have not taken a percentage out of the hacker prom
donation for these calculations. I mentioned in a previous mail that
it's arguable that the percentage for such donations should be 5% or
even nothing. We didn't address this in the consensus.

I don't like nagging like this, and it's not part of our agreement for
Noisetor, so hopefully next time you guys can catch this sooner?

Good luck,

-Kelly