[tor] Promotion for subscriptions

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:23:53 UTC 2012

Hey,

It sounds like we're going to run into a budget issue again in a month or
so. This is silly because there are a lot of people out there who support
Tor, as we saw a while back when we did our fundraising drive. If we get a
bunch of people to sign up for the $50/month subscription, a lot of those
money issues would go away.

Since a $50 subscription shows a significant support of the project, it
seems like we should give people something for their help. Why not make a
Noisetor tshirt and hat combo that we give only to people with
subscriptions of $50 and higher? It's pretty simple to do-- I think
cafepress allows you to give them text and a logo and they'll make a shirt
for you. And in the end, people get to wear their support of our project
with pride.

If there are no objections, I'll go ahead and set up something with
cafepress (or whoever) and we could roll out a promotion in a day or two.

Cheers,
aestetix