[tor] Promotion for subscriptions

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sat Mar 24 20:27:26 UTC 2012

aestetix aestetix wrote, On 2012-03-24 09:23:
> It sounds like we're going to run into a budget issue again in a month or
> so. This is silly because there are a lot of people out there who support
> Tor, as we saw a while back when we did our fundraising drive. If we get a
> bunch of people to sign up for the $50/month subscription, a lot of those
> money issues would go away.

I think actually just another simple twitter campaign and social media
push is all we need, with an emphasis on the subscription model.

I should really get off my ass and finish the more informative glamorous
version of the site. I think a big thing that we should outline is
showing a cost estimation of someone running tor at home with how many
bits they can push for $100 a month versus how much we can push on their
behalf with Noisetor for the same amount of money.

> Since a $50 subscription shows a significant support of the project, it
> seems like we should give people something for their help. Why not make a
> Noisetor tshirt and hat combo that we give only to people with
> subscriptions of $50 and higher? It's pretty simple to do-- I think
> cafepress allows you to give them text and a logo and they'll make a shirt
> for you. And in the end, people get to wear their support of our project
> with pride.
>
> If there are no objections, I'll go ahead and set up something with
> cafepress (or whoever) and we could roll out a promotion in a day or two.

Cafepress is crap, please do not use them, you will shame us all.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net