[tor] Adding another node

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Aug 28 03:22:43 UTC 2013

Hi noisetor,

Due to life changes, Formless Networking is getting out of the business
of running the "Amunet" Tor exit node.

The funders of Amunet have offered to donate to Noisetor if we are
willing to take over running the node.  It's a similar value to our
current exit01, approximately $800/mo for 500 Mbps of throughput, on a
rented colo server.

Looking at the financials: We currently have a significant positive bank
balance due to the large lump sum donation that came in this summer, and
we're actually cashflow positive each of the last 4 months even without
that large donation.

Amunet is hosted at a friendly ISP that has been excellent at dealing
with Formless in the past.

I believe the payment terms will be different in that the ISP wants
payment on a semiannual basis rather than monthly, and I don't know if
they're willing to take Paypal (currently I believe it's paid with a
paper check).

I think we should take this opportunity to double our capacity.

Thoughts?
-andy