[tor] noisetor recovery

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Mon Jul 4 02:14:00 UTC 2016

Final check in here.

After fighting against some configuration specifics noisetor is now back
online. All relays (bar noiseexit01c for some reason) are now appearing
in consensus with their old fingerprints. I'm confident that
noiseexit01c will be in consensus soon.

Given they've been offline for a while they'll have to re-earn some
flags, specifically exit, fast, and stable. I'll have to read up on
specifics but I think we should have them in a week-ish, followed by a
ramp-up of traffic.

cheers,

p.s. considering researching an offline-master setup with the existing
keys such that we'd have a dead-mans-switch requirement to check up on
the box every N months. would be very much interested in hearing
people's thoughts on this.

Patrick O'Doherty: