[tor] New exit relay OS choice

Patrick O'Dohehrty p at trickod.com
Sat Apr 1 23:31:52 UTC 2017

hey all,

Ahead of us spinning up more capacity it just occurred to me that it
might be a good idea for us to diversify our relay operating system
setup outside of Linux, as the network is already very heavily skewed
towards Linux based relays.

Hypothetically this shouldn't be a hard thing to do as I'd hoped that
we'd use ansible-relayor[0] as a means of automating deployment across
our various hosts, and it readily supports both FreeBSD and OpenBSD
alongside our existing Ubuntu / Debian choices.

Curious to hear people's input on this.

cheers,

[0] - https://github.com/nusenu/ansible-relayor