[tor] Noisetor meeting notes

Cooper Quintin cooperq at eff.org
Tue Apr 4 20:14:00 UTC 2017

* Qudarante will sell us bandwidth at the same price doubling our
bandwidth $790 / month (POD will follow up)
* We should also get bandwidth io.coop (POD will follow up and figure
out who to buy transit from)
*Running bridges in monkey brains (CJQ)
*Open a ticket to allow the MyFamily property to apply to bridgest (POD,
CJQ)
*There is a group in South America that needs tech and  $ help running
an exit (we will hear more about this after tor dev meeting, alison
knows more about this)
* Tor exit challenge with EFA student groups (CJQ, MFB)
* Settings up a promethus plugin for tor (MFB)
* Setting up ansible, chef, monitoring for tor exits (MFB, POD)
* Noisetor.net needs some loving (AI)

3 Month plan (hopefully less):
* Get accounting shit together (Figure out burn rate, Current income,
Current savings) (POD)
* Double the capacity with quadranet and bridges with MB (CJQ, POD)
* Write a report about what we are doing and start publicizing noisetor
(stickers, shirt campaign, give talks, etc.)  (everyone!)
* Start writing biannual transparency reports

Meeting schedule:
Once per month! Next meeting April 20th 7pm at sycamore