[tor] Noisetor meeting notes

Alison macrina at riseup.net
Wed Apr 5 22:41:00 UTC 2017

isis agora lovecruft:
> Cooper Quintin transcribed 1.2K bytes:
>> * Qudarante will sell us bandwidth at the same price doubling our
>> bandwidth $790 / month (POD will follow up)
>> * We should also get bandwidth io.coop (POD will follow up and figure
>> out who to buy transit from)
>> *Running bridges in monkey brains (CJQ)
>> *Open a ticket to allow the MyFamily property to apply to bridgest (POD,
>> CJQ)
>> *There is a group in South America that needs tech and  $ help running
>> an exit (we will hear more about this after tor dev meeting, alison
>> knows more about this)
>
> Looping Alison in!
>
> Alison: I believe you won't be able to write to the list unless you're
> subscribed, I'm not sure.

I joined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!

So the folks in LatAm who are looking for some assistance are at
Derechos Digitales in Santiago. They are running some relays there in
Chile and working on running a number of others across LatAm and Mexico.
Their primary need is funding. I don't think I need to explain what an
important opportunity this is to support some of our Tor people in the
Global South and what it would mean for both network diversity and human
diversity.

I have a meeting with Israel (ilv) from Derechos Digitales on Monday to
talk about this some more, but it would be great to get the convo
started here first.

Alison